Dubai DevNights Series: Developing iOS and Android Apps using Xamarin
Speaker: Cesar Younes, Technical Evangelist at Microsoft
Cesar has been a developer with the Microsoft Development Experience team for the past 2 years engaging with the technical community in Lebanon. He's been a guest speaker at numerous Microsoft events such as TechDays and Game Jam, as well as ArabNet and Beirut developer meetups. He's also been involved in the startup community and regularly mentors on cloud architecture and Microsoft Azure. He recently moved to Dubai where he's delivering workshops on the newest Microsoft Technologies like Bots, Xamarin, and IoT.
What to Expect?
- Learn about the different types of projects that can be created in Xamarin.
- Have a clear understanding of the structure of a Xamarin. Android project.
- Have a clear understanding of the structure of a Xamarin. iOS project.
- Know which graphical controls can be used during the development of iOS apps.
- Be familiar with the lifecycle of an iOS app.
- Be familiar with the advantages of using Xamarin forms as an alternative to standard Xamarin.
- Understand the basics for creating their own apps connected to Microsoft Azure services.
- Be familiar with several services offered by Microsoft Azure that will allow them to simply incorporate functionalities that add value to their apps
- Please ensure you have Windows 10 or MAC.
- You must install Visual Studio 2017 in advance of the workshop with the following (takes 3 hours to download):
- Sign up to Azure free trial with live ID
- Monday, June 19, 2017
- 04:00 PM Dubai Time (UTC+4)